For Sainkho Namtchylak
1. Last year you were invited to join the New Music Week with Dickson Dee. This time which way you will choose to give performance for Wood+Wires Music Festival? Will you cooperate with some other musicians?
SN: This time performance of Sainkho Namtchylak and Dickson Dee is going to be supported by two excellent and very experienced musicians from Europe:
Maartin Allcock- guitars, electronics and
Jerry OAK- guitar, balalaika, classical flute, doshpuluur( Central Asian traditional strong instrument) "Celtic-Tuva" TRANCE-VISUAL sound art performance.
I am very honored to present to the audience in China very great musicians
from Europe! Maartin Allcock from Wails and Jerry OAK.
2. You have given performances around world for years. What does you hometown mean to you and your music?
SN:I am feeling home where my very true audience is.
3. Having tried a lot of styles of music, how do you keep balance and remain your own ideas and concepts between different music styles and cultures?
SN: I hope, I am not only singer, composer, poet, artist. As an artist I have interest in exploring not only my possibilities, also different forms of music and art as well.
Behind e each new projects is aim that I need to get to and try to discover an answers.
Each new projects s like journey to the world of music, universe of sounds.
4. You are always searching for the possibility and extremes of voice. What have you gained during the process? What does the exploration matter to you?
SN: first of all, generation of young explorers in music and in art in generall will ave possibility to study about not only traditional heritage of pass but also all what was already created before they started to explore their possibilities in music. Listeners and
Professional singers and composers will have chance to find inspiration, they can see what is already was recoded. Specially young generation from Central Asia.
There s many ways that what they are going to see.
5. After so many years’ working and exploring, music must be indivisible part of your life. What does music mean to you?
SN: It's form of realization of your own possibilities and way of real station of power f nature that is speaking through your music activity. There is any ways of being creative.
For future, there s many albums to listen,to discover something very individual for each listener, each new comer in music, both audience and creators. Music is one of greatest inventions of humankind, invention that's giving chance to organize their own sound world in to special design that other individuals can share between each other. Music is developing human possibility to imagine. It's great!
6. are there any new projects or albums in your schedule?
New album " Go to Tuva" released on I Tune and going to be in CD format released on the 4 of November. This is result of our visit to Tuva last year with three great musicians from Bordeaux, France: Garlo, Boubu Boire, Fred. You can look up to the links or order it direct from France. Here are the links:
cd itself will be released on the 4th nov,
people can buy it directly from me by sending me a mail
I will give you exact price next week
Informations will be on our FB page Sainkho & Garlo ( link) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sainkho-Garlo/137752242959972
& on the site www.garlo.fr