最近我（老何）和叶叶忙着跟另外三位朋友们（彩虹俱乐部的五毛，剑龙？的瑞安会吃，和卢湾区摇滚的Adam）组织一张上海音乐圈CD。We Are Shanghai豆瓣主页
3. 我们想表示上海的国际环境。这张CD上的乐队代表9个国家的人民， 而且6个乐队都有外国人和中国人在一起创造。
Hey sports fans,
Over the last year, Ivan and I (JC) have been busy organizing a compilation CD of Shanghai bands, alongside Nichols of Rainbow Danger Club, Bren of Stegosaurus?, and Adam of Luwan Rock.We Are Shanghai Douban Page
There are 18 of Shanghai's best bands on the CD, as well as two more artists on the digital version. Of course, the CD can't represent the scene with 100% accuracy: for one, since we started so many great new bands have cropped up, and some great ones have also split. But, we're already planning "Vol. 2", which we hope will keep painting a rich picture of this city and it's music.
Why did we do this? We've been in Shanghai for a few years now, and have really come to know the city and it's music scene. But when people think of Chinese rock, they always think of Beijing. We wanted to show how far Shanghai has developed, and feature some of the more unique aspects of this city's scene.
More importantly, why did we pick these 18 bands?
1. We wanted to reward bands that have been active, and will be active in promoting Shanghai music.
2. We want to support Shanghai's independent DIY based scene. These bands have all made their music on their own, without a label or the influence of endorsements.
3. We've never done anything like this before, and wanted to keep it simple by working with bands that have recording experience.
4. We wanted to showcase Shanghai's international atmosphere. The bands on this CD are made up of members from 9 different countries, and six of these bands feature locals and foreigners working together.
We hope everyone will take a listen.Click here to visit the Bandcamp page and a free download
If you like it, pass it on. Tell your friends. Come to shows. Support local music.