pangbianr x METROWAVES present: an evening of live electronic music and DJ sets from improvised to dance by the west gate of the Forbidden City.
A change of pace for What Bar, one of Beijing's oldest haunts.
An parallel extension of Sinotronics, the new label from the founders of pangbianr and Metrowaves.
An excuse to hang out drinking late into the night across the street from Zhongnanhai, with an appropriate soundscape to match.
- CNdY: gear-heavy, “multi-disciplinary” electro
- GANJIAN: heavy acousmatic cocoons, overwhelming supplementary visuals
- LUPEN: longtime Beijing resident and beat instigator, master planner behind local DIY electro label Science
- MMS: on the (iPad) decks, deeper tunes w/ a twist
- LEANTIMES: just some background music
9pm start, 40rmb ticket (includes a free beer)